Hiring a Freelancer on Fiverr: Everything You Need to Know
Whether you are setting up a new website, need a new copywriter, or are looking for a way to cut costs in your existing business – hiring Fiverr freelancers can help. There are a variety of different freelancer platforms which will connect you with talented workers all over the globe, but Fiverr is one of the most popular freelancer marketplaces. The site gives you access to an enormous number of online freelance workers who can help you with every aspect of your business.
57% of businesses have hired a freelancer over the past year, and it is now easier than ever to connect to professionals all over the world.
In the article below we will tell you everything you need to know about Fiverr Freelance services and how to ensure you are getting the best option when your hire a seller. To get the best work from your freelancer you need to know what to look for and what to avoid.
First, we will talk you through the basics of the Fiverr freelance marketplace, and what you need to know before you set up an account.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a platform that connects business owners looking to outsource projects with freelancers who will do the work remotely. You can source reliable, talented, and low-cost workers for a fraction of the time and trouble it would take to employ someone in-house. And you can use it as a one-stop shop for a variety of business services from web development and logo design to copywriting and virtual assistants.
What Are the Benefits of Using Fiverr Freelance Services?
- Cut the time, effort, and costs involved in hiring someone in-house.
- Access lower prices than those available on other freelance platforms.
- Contact talented freelancers across the globe who can provide you with first-class services.
- Quickly and easily source work that is delivered on time and within budget.
- Easily check references and portfolios of workers online.
- Access experienced and reliable workers with great customer reviews.
How Much Do Fiverr Freelancers Cost?
The prices listed on the Fiverr freelancer marketplace will depend on a variety of factors. These include the type of service you need, whether you need add-on services, and how in demand the freelance worker is. Top Fiverr freelancers with the best reviews are in high demand and may charge a little more for their services. Those just starting out will generally charge less.
Generally, freelance services can cost around $20 or less. However, it is important to ensure that price is not your only factor when choosing someone. There is no point spending money on a project when the work you get back is low-quality or useless. Make sure to balance the price against their services, reviews, and the quality of their portfolio.
As well as the price quoted by the seller, you will also need to pay the 5.5% Fiverr standard fee for your order. If your order is under $50, you will also need to pay another $2 fee.
Is It Safe to Hire Someone on Fiverr?
The majority of Fiverr freelancers are reputable and reliable and will provide you with a safe and speedy service. However, there are always bad elements in any online platform and you need to make sure that you are vigilant about who you hire and how much access you give them to your website and business.
Here are some tips to help you make the right choice for your Fiverr hire:
- Have a Clear Idea of What You Want. Before you look for Fiverr freelance services, make sure you know what you are looking for. You should have a clear idea of the scope of the project, when you want the project completed, and what you need to be included in the project. Think about what experience and skills your freelancer will need to have to complete the project successfully.
- Always Check Reviews. Previous customer reviews will give you the clearest expectation about the quality of work you can expect from a freelancer. You will be able to check whether they deliver work on time, whether they are good communicators, and whether their services are as advertised. You may even be able to check their LinkedIn profile if it is connected to their account.
- Communicate with Fiverr Freelancers Before Placing An Order. Once you have selected someone on the Fiverr Freelance marketplace, it doesn’t hurt to get in contact before you place an order. This helps you to ensure that they are capable and interested in the project. You can also judge how good they are at communicating, that they have a good understanding of your expectations, and that they are prompt in getting back to you.
- Include All Your Requirements and Relevant Information in Your Order. You need to give your chosen Fiver freelancers the best chance of success by providing them with all the information they need. Make sure they know exactly what you are looking for and how you want the project to be approached.
- Pay Securely Through Fiverr. Use the Fiverr website to arrange payment to ensure the best level of security when you are hiring someone you don’t know.
How to Hire Fiverr Freelancers
Joining the Fiverr freelance marketplace and finding a freelancer is a quick and straightforward process. Here are the steps you need to take to get started:
1. Sign up for a free Fiverr Account.
Head to the Fiverr website and sign up for an account. This only takes a few minutes and once you have verified your email, you can start browsing through thousands of freelancers on the site.
2. Search for Fiverr Freelancers for your Task.
Use the search bar to search for the online service you need. This will then take you to a page with the freelancers on the site who offer the service. Take a look through a variety of different options to get an idea of what is available and at what price. (Remember simply choosing the cheapest seller without checking their reviews and portfolio will rarely yield impressive results.)
3. Research Promising Fiverr Freelancers.
Once you have identified a freelancer who seems like a good fit, you can delve a little deeper into their profile. Take a look at their gig description and make sure that the work they are offering meets your needs. Then check their customer reviews and online portfolio. Do they have the experience and skills required to complete the task on time and to a high standard? Aim to hire someone with a good amount of 4/5 star reviews.
4. Contact Prospective Freelancers.
One of the best ways to judge whether someone is a good fit for your business is to get in touch. Contact them to propose your project and ask them if they have experience and expertise in their area. You can also ask them for further examples of their work and more questions about qualifications and experience if required.
5. Start With a Short and Basic Project.
Get started with a smaller task. This helps you to judge whether this Fiverr freelancer is a good fit for you and your projects before investing heavily in their services. You may need to hire a few different freelancers before you find someone who understands you and your business. Or you may be lucky the first time!
Takeaway - Hiring a Freelancer on Fiverr: Everything You Need to Know
Hiring Fiverr freelancers can be a great shortcut to getting projects completed on time and below budget. Whether you need help with web development, social media management, or data entry – chances are there is an affordable worker on the Fiverr freelance marketplace who can help.
Follow our tips and hints above to make sure you get the best Fiverr freelance services, and this online platform could end up saving you money, time, and effort long term.